Paper 1. Non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
Time allowed: 3 months*
Q 1. Explain how your Party would ensure that the UK met its target of reducing the number of premature deaths from NCDs by 25% by 2025.
Q2. If in Government, how would your Party seek to achieve the following objectives over the term of the next Parliament:
- a reduction in the predicted increase of new cases of cancer in the UK
- an improvement in the early detection of cancers
- universal and equitable access to those forms of cancer treatment that have been shown by proper evaluation to be effective
- a reduction in the financial burden to patients and their families arising from a diagnosis of cancer
- meaningful recognition of the contribution of the voluntary sector in the provision of palliative care to cancer patients.
[*Candidates are strongly advised to provide direct and succinct answers
and to avoid the use of the phrase “the best health care system in the world”.]